Cookies Policy – Highlights
It is important that you understand that due to the way the Internet and websites work, it is not always possible to have updated information on cookies that third parties may use through this website.
This applies especially when on this website there are embedded elements: that is, texts, documents, images, or videos that are stored elsewhere but are displayed on our website.
If you have a special interest, you can contact that third party directly and request information about the cookies it places, their purpose, the duration of the same, and how it guarantees your privacy.
What is a cookie?
A “cookie” is a technological tool used by web servers to store and retrieve information about their visitors. It is a small amount of text that is stored in your browser (like Google’s Chrome or Apple’s Safari) when you browse most websites. They have an expiration date, which can range from the duration of the session to a specified future date, after which they cease to be operational.
What is NOT a cookie?
It is not a virus, not a Trojan, not a worm, not spam, not spyware, nor does it open pop-up windows. They are also not used to generate junk content.
What information does a cookie store?
The data they save is, depending on the cookie, technical and statistical data, personal preferences, personalization of content, etc.
The web server does not associate the user as a person, but with his web browser.
In fact, if the user regularly browses with the Chrome browser and tries to browse the same website with the Firefox browser, for example, they will see that the website does not realize that it is the same person because it is actually associating the information to the browser, not the person.
Cookies will never be used to:
- Collect personal identification information or photographs.
- Collect sensitive information such as bank information, credit card details, etc.
Share your personal identification data with third parties
The usefulness of cookies on this website
- They allow this website to function properly
- They save the user from having to log in every time they visit this site
- In addition, they remember the settings that the user makes during and between visits to this website (language, location, etc.)
- Allow viewing videos
- Improve site speed and security
- They make it possible for you to share web pages from this site on social networks
- They continually improve this website
- They show the user advertisements based on your browsing habits
Can you delete cookies?
Yes, they can be removed.
Also, they can be blocked generally for all websites or a specific domain. Likewise, you can block third-party cookies from being implanted.
You can also delete any of the cookies that are already installed on your computer.
Keep in mind that you will have to adapt the configuration of each browser and device you use separately.
To delete cookies from a website you must go to the browser settings and there you can search for the cookies associated with the domain in question and proceed to their elimination.
If you want to have more control over the installation of cookies, you can install programs or add-ons in your browser, known as “Do Not Track” tools. These tools will allow you to choose the cookies you want to allow.
In addition, https://www.simpliinsurance.com/ provides you below, the links to the most used browsers so that you have information about how to prevent or block the installation of cookies:
Types of cookies, according to the entity that manages them:
- Own Cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from the moment the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
Types of cookies, according to their purpose:
- Technical Cookies: These are those that allow the user to navigate through the website and use the functionalities that exist in it. They are strictly necessary for the use of the website and for the provision of the service.
- Analysis Cookies: These are those that collect and analyze information on the behavior of the user of the website to which they are linked.
- Social Network Cookies: are those necessary to share information on external social networks.
- Advertising Cookies: These are the ones that collect information about the user’s preferences and personal choices.
Types of cookies, according to the period of time that they remain activated:
- Session Cookies: These are designed to collect and store data for the duration of the user’s visit to the website. At the end of the session, the cookie is deleted.
- Persistent Cookies: These are designed so that the data continues to be stored and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few days to several years.
What type of cookies are used on this website?
On this website, our own and third-party cookies are used.
Own cookies are those generated by the page you are visiting, and third-party cookies are those generated by services or providers external to this website such as Mailchimp, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google Analytics, etc.
The cookies used at https://www.simpliinsurance.com/ are only associated with an anonymous user and the computer they are using. They never provide data that allows the user’s name and surname to be known, nor can they read data from their hard drive or include viruses in their texts.
Similarly, https://www.simpliinsurance.com/ cannot read the cookies implanted on the user’s hard drive from other servers.
As a user, you can decide whether to install the cookies used on your hard drive at https://www.simpliinsurance.com/. In this sense, we suggest you consult the section “Can cookies be deleted?” of this Cookies Policy.
Even if you decide to configure your browser to reject cookies, you will still be able to browse this website. The only drawback will be that you will not be able to enjoy the functionalities that require the installation of these cookies.
In any case, you can delete the cookies implanted on the hard drive at any time, following the procedure established in the section “Can cookies be deleted?”.
Third-party cookies that we use on this website
This website, like most websites, includes functionalities provided by third parties.
Among the most stable third-party cookies are:
The most stable third-party cookies that we use on this website are:
- Google. Those generated by analysis services, specifically, Google Analytics, help analyze the use made by users of the website and improve its usability. They are never associated with data that could identify the user.
Google Analytics is a website analytics service provided by Google, Inc., a Delaware company whose main office is at 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View (California), CA 94043, United States (“Google”).
- WordPress. Simpli Insurance LLC is a user of the WordPress website hosting and supply platform, owned by the American Company Automattic, Inc. For this reason, the use of such cookies by the systems is never under the control or management of the person responsible for this website. . Automattic, Inc. can change current features at any time and set new cookies. These cookies also do not report any benefit to Simpli Insurance LLC.
- Social network cookies: Social network cookies can be stored in your browser while browsing https://www.simpliinsurance.com/ or when you use the https://www.simpliinsurance.com/ share button on a social network. The companies that generate these cookies corresponding to the social networks that this website uses have their own cookie policies:
- LinkedIn Cookie, according to the provisions of its Cookies Policy
- Facebook Cookie, according to the provisions of its Cookies Policy
- YouTube Cookie, according to the provisions of its Cookies Policy
- Pinterest Cookie, according to the provisions of its Cookies Policy
- Instagram Cookies, according to the provisions of its Cookies Policy
The privacy implications will depend on each social network and will depend on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
In no case, neither the person responsible for this website nor the advertisers can obtain personally identifiable information from these cookies.
Updated December 10, 2022